Wednesday, March 27, 2013

. . .

STILL WAITING FOR SPRING

     Well, I must admit that today's temperature is a little more Spring-like, but there is a lot room for improvement.  There are still some spots of snow left from the weekend mini-blizzard, so we need more days like today -- maybe even a little warmer.  I finally made a Spring themed tag, so now I can take down my snowman tag and "Dream" of warmer, sunny days.  My mojo has been lacking this winter, so maybe warmer temps will make it come back. 

       The steps in making my tag were as follows:  First, I colored the whole tag with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink using a small piece of soft sponge.  Next, I stamped the bird/branch and bottom flowers with Memento Brown Ink.  
     The fun part was making the flowers.  I used the Tim Holtz "Tattered Florals " die to cut petals from white cotton crinoline and sprayed them with Tattered Angels "Rose Tea" Glimmer Mist.  After drying them, I stamped them with a script rubber stamp and assembled them using glue dots.  A pearl in the center of each flower was the finishing touch.  I made 3 medium flowers and 3 small flowers which I attached to the lower left hand corner of the tag along with 3 green leaves.  I also used a die cut branch and a "Dream" ticket in the lower corner.  A single small flower was attached to the upper right hand corner along with 2 leaves and a small branch.  I also sprayed the ribbon hanger with the Glimmer Mist.
     It was the first time I had made flowers like these and I was quite pleased with the results, so I'll probably use this technique again.  Now to put all of the supplies back in their place and maybe organize them a little better.  I hope this tag makes your "dream" of Spring come true. 



                                                          
  

No comments:

Post a Comment