Wednesday, July 24, 2013

"CAPTURED MEMORIES" 

     When I discovered the challenge with the theme "Captured Memories" requiring the use of a photograph, at Our Creative Corner, I knew exactly what photograph I wanted to use.  I absolutely love the photograph of my grandmother, Agnes, and her sister, Clara, which was taken by a professional photographer in the late 1800's.  The quality of the photo amazes me and I think their dresses and hats are so elegant.  My grandmother married a farmer, so she seldom dressed like that after she was married, although I do have later pictures of her wearing "jaunty" hats when she was dressed in her "Sunday best".
     I wanted to achieve an elegant look, so I choose to cut a gold cardstock frame for the photograph, using the Sizzix Ornate Oval Frame die.  I mounted the framed photo on a piece of watercolor paper I had sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink and stenciled with a leaf border using Crushed Olive Distress Ink.  This was then double matted with Crushed Olive and Seedless Preserves cardstock.  The flowers I used for embellishment came from my "stash, as I thought they were the perfect color.
     I really enjoyed this project and plan on displaying it on my dining room hutch.  I hope you enjoy it too and thanks for stopping by.  
      I am entering the Captured Memories Challenge at:  ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com.at           

 
              


   

1 comment:

  1. Hello Phyllis, the photo of your grandmother and her sister is absolutely wonderful, it is so clear and they are dressed so beautifully. I love how you have framed the photo too. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete