Sunday, July 28, 2013

"RUSTY GEARS"

     It's a beautiful, unusual Sunday here in our little corner of Iowa -- it's sunny and only 70 degrees, which is pretty cool for a high temperature in July.  We've had two mornings in a row with temps only in the 50's and I'm not complaining!  It's much better than heat and humidity.  Now on to my latest project which I'm entering into two different challenges, one with a "rust" theme and the other has "captured moments" as a theme, hence the photograph. 
     I started with a #10 tag which I sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink, stenciled with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink, and antiqued around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I stamped the three gents (a Tim Holtz stamp) with black Memento Ink.  The photograph is of my handsome great-grandfather who is sporting a moustache.  I edged the photo and bottom of the tag with Tim Holtz tissue tape as an accent. To carry out the "rust" theme, I cut gears with Tim Holtz dies, and embossed them with Stoney Red and Ultra Thick Copper Embossing Powders (brand unknown).  The moustache was also a die cut and embossed with Black Soot Embossing Powder a Tim Holtz product.  I really had fun creating this card, which probably took me more out of more comfort zone than anything I've done before.  I'm trying to "loosen up" and get more funky and frilly!
     This tag is entered in challenges at the following websites:
           sandee-and-amelie.blogspot.co.uk/
           ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.co.at/

                   


     Thanks for stopping by.  Comments are always appreciated!










      

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! What a wonderful photo and how well he fits in with the stamped image there! I love the use of the tissue tape edging and the cogs are wonderful - For someone who is out of their comfort zone this looks pretty comfy to me! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely steampunk tag! The three men wearing top hats is one of my very favourite stamps and the photograph is brilliant!

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely make with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges AND with the team at OurCreativeCorner too!

    Hugs,
    Claudia - die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should do 'out of your comfort zone' more often because this is fantastic, great photo of your Great Grandfather and I just love the moustache! Thanks for joining in Captured Memories at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete