Thursday, July 4, 2013

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY



     It's a beautiful day here in Iowa -- a great day to celebrate our independence!  Our flag is gently waving in the breeze as a symbol of our freedom and long may it wave. 
     In honor of this day, I've created a patriotic tag using Distress Inks (Stormy Sky and Fired Brick) and Wendy Vecchi stamps.  First, I colored the tag.  Then using a Wendy Vecchi honeycomb stencil, I added a touch of texture with white embossing paste.  Using Memento black ink, I stamped some stars representing fireworks and the word "imagine".  The heart was stamped separately, colored, and cut out.  I used pop dots to attach it to the tag, thereby adding depth.  It was a fun tag to make as I didn't use all of the traditional symbols for the 4th of July, but used my imagination in choosing some stamps I had never used before instead.  I hope you enjoy it too.
     This tag is entered in the "anything goes" Challenge at:  simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com 

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love these Wendy images, and your background is just wonderful! Glad you had great weather on the 4th! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete