Sunday, August 25, 2013

CARNIVAL OR CIRCUS?  BOTH ARE FUN!

     Labor Day will soon be here and once again the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus will be appearing in our area over the long Labor Day weekend.  The best part is that we are going!  The theme this year is "Dragons", so there should be some wonderful costumes as well as performances.  When I saw that the theme for the Simon Says Monday Challenge was "Carnival" I decided to do a "Circus" tag, as I think they both have a lot in common and I remembered that I had a beautiful piece of 9" x 9" circus paper by Tim Holtz from 2005 in my stash. 
     I selected a #10 kraft tag for my base and decided to stencil the background with a Wendy Vecchi diamond shape stencil using black Memento Ink.  Next, I cut apart the circus paper, selecting different images to tape to my tag.  Finally, I used the Tim Holtz/Sizzix die to cut a rosette from black Kraft-Core paper.  After assembling the rosette, I attached it to the tag for a nice finishing touch!  This was a really fast and fun tag to make. 
     I am entering this tag in the "Carnival" Challenge and I hope you enjoy it.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments.
     http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

1 comment:

  1. Fun tag, Phyllis! You've really captured the vintage "carnival" essence in your mixed media tag. Thank you for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete