Saturday, August 31, 2013

DREAMING OF PARIS

     "My Steamer Trunk", the current Frilly and Funkie Challenge  opens up many paths and I decided to focus on a dream trip to Paris for my card.  The elegant Victorian woman on my card has her steamer trunk packed and is ready to embark on her great adventure. 
     I decided to basically go with a monochromatic color theme and used two stamps from the Tim Holtz "Paris to London" set to add images to a piece of French Industrial Paper for the card background which I mounted on a piece of black cardstock.  Next, I added a vintage looking postcard image which I distressed.  A die cut black flourish was added along with a beautiful purchased silk flower embellished with a stick pin.  Finally, I "popped" the elegant Victorian woman, which I tinted with Zig Brushables and fussy cut.  I am entering my card in the Frilly and Funkie Challenge at
http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com/2013/08/my-steamer-trunk.html                                      

     Once again, thank you for stopping by and I hope everyone enjoys their visit.  Comments are also greatly appreciated. 
        


2 comments:

  1. Such an elegant card Phyllis. Love the stamping on the background and the elegant lady. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete