Sunday, January 12, 2014

JUST PLAYING AROUND . . .

     What a change -- the Polar Vortex has moved on (thank goodness) and it's 47 degrees today.  Too bad the warm temperature can't hang around, but at least a lot of snow has melted today so our roads out here will be much improved until it snows again.  While watching an exciting U of Iowa basketball game against Ohio (we won!) I decided to play a little with some Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and Metal Foil.  Actually, I had watched a video yesterday which gave me the idea.  I didn't make anything fancy -- just cut out pieces of the Tattered Flower with my die, inked them, and assembled the pieces.  The petals were easy to shape and maybe I'll use it on a tag or whatever in the future.  It's really very pretty, however my photo doesn't do it justice.  I didn't take the time to set up my little "studio".  Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and hope that you have a good day.  I've got my fingers crossed for good weather for the next week!
                         

    

No comments:

Post a Comment