Saturday, June 29, 2013


"SITTING ON THE FENCE" TAG

     Tags are just the ticket for me when I don't have a lot of time to play.  I had colored this tag a few days ago without a plan in mind, but when I got up this morning, I picked up my Wendy Vecchi "Dots and Stripes Border" stencil, embossing paste and knife and stenciled a row of stripes down the right side of the tag -- making it eligible for the Stripes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  The paste was dry by the time I finished breakfast, so it was time to decide how to finish the tag.  I decided to combine stamping and stenciling, so I went through my collection of Wendy Vecchi stamps until I found a flower that almost matched a flower on the "3 Fresh Flowers" stencil by Wendy Vecchi.  I stamped a flower on the tag and an extra one on a scrap of tag paper.  I stenciled the flower on the tag using Rusty Hinge and Crushed Olive Distress Ink.  After coloring the extra flower, I colored it and cut it out, and placed it over the stenciled one, giving it a nice 3-D look.  To pick up the "Stripes" theme, I cut out a white fence with the On the Fence Die, inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and placed it at the bottom of the tag.  I also cut a small black bird with the Movers and Shapers Mini Bird Cage and Bird die and placed the bird on the fence.  I cut a butterfly with the Butterfly Movers and Shapers Die and placed it in the corner of the tag for a finishing touch.  I hope you enjoy this tag.
     I'm entering this tag (#2) in the "Stripes" Challenge at:  simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com

                                                                                                                                                                                                       



2 comments:

  1. Lovely tag Phyllis, they are a great way to make mini pieces of art aren't they ? Love the warm colour palette and the stripes add wonderful texture and interest. The flower looks gorgeous set against your backdrop and I love the bird. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis...this is such a pretty tag. I love how you've used the stripe theme to create the stripes going up the right side of the tag and also with the picket fence. Wendy's flower looks fantastic on top of the beautifully blended background. Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete