Saturday, June 15, 2013


BUTTON, BUTTON, WHO'S GOT THE BUTTON?

     Simon's Challenge this week is "Buttons", so I decided to create a canvas using the Tim Holtz Sewing Room die as the main element and embellishing it with BUTTONS.  I used a 5" x 7" mounted canvas as the foundation and colored it with Weathered Wood Distress Ink, accented with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I stamped it with a stamp from the Tim Holtz Papillon Rubber Stamp Collection and then used embossing paste to stencil it with a honeycomb design.  I cut the dress form and spool with the Tim Holtz Sewing Room die and colored them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I wrapped the dress form and spool with metallic ribbon.  White paper flowers were sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and assembled with a  small brad.  The outer edge of the canvas was wrapped with Tim Holtz tissue tape.

                                            
  

     This project was a departure from the "usual" for me and was a lot of fun as well as a good learning experience -- I hope you enjoy it too.  I am entering it in simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com  Thanks for stopping by.
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely canvas and those buttons complement it perfectly! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used my sewing room die for the first time and was looking to see how others had used this die too. Nice collage with the extra stamping and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the feminine feel as well as French vintage theme! The buttons and dress form are wonderful! Thank you for buttoning up with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete