Sunday, June 9, 2013


SIMON SAYS GIVE ME AN "S" . . . .

     Since I've now collected a few stencils, I thought I would use them again and make a tag to enter in the "S" Challenge at
simonsaysshowandshare.blogspot.comI used a couple of different STENCILS and STAMPS to make this tag.  First, I colored the background with Weathered Wood Distress Ink, and then stenciled polka dots over it with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  Next I blended several Distress Inks in the background, including Wild Honey, Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge.  I stenciled the flower head with Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo and the stem and leaves with Crushed Olive.  The bird was stenciled with Black Soot.  I stamped the butterfly and verse with Memento Black Ink.  I colored the butterfly image with Weathered Wood and Rusty Hinge, cut it out and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I added a little SPARKLE to the butterfly with blue stones.  The verse says "There are always flowers for those who want to see".  The verse, bird, and butterfly were from Wendy Vecchi. 
     I really like the look that is achieved using stencils -- it's clean and simple and reminds me of folk art.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my tag.
     Just a short note about the day here in Iowa -- it's cool (low 70's) and cloudy.  We had some beautiful days this past week and if we're lucky we'll have some sunny days this week.  Thankfully, we've had less rain lately.
Hope everyone has a good week!


                                     






    

1 comment:

  1. Phyllis...your tag is so pretty! I love Wendy's butterfly, flower and sentiment. I actually have those stamps, too. Love Wendy's stuff! :) Your background color is so pretty. You are so right...your tag, with the use of the stencils, really does remind me of the old folk art look, too! Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete