Sunday, June 16, 2013


HAPPY HUSBAND'S DAY

     I know it's officially Father's Day, but at our house, it's Husband's Day.  Since my husband, who is a great guy by the way, never wants any gifts, I surprised him and didn't buy him anything this year.  We kind of "gift" ourselves throughout the year, so it's difficult to buy things for special occasions.  I did "drive" him to breakfast though and made him a rather unusual card.
  
    
     I made this card in a Stampin' Up card workshop Saturday morning.  The "ocean" background was created with a "new-to-me" technique that used shaving cream.  I sprayed foamy shaving cream into a styrofoam plate and smoothed it out.  Next, dots of 3 different ink colors were randomly placed throughout the cream.  I then took a popsicle stick and pulled it through the cream and ink horizontally.  The white piece of coated paper was placed into the cream and patted down to make sure it was covered.  After removing the paper from the cream, I wiped it with paper towels until the cream was removed leaving a colorful background.  After the paper was dry, I stamped it in the usual manner.  It's a rather messy technique, but it does give you a "one-of-a-kind" look.  If you feel like playing sometime, this is something you might want to try!
     Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day.


    










No comments:

Post a Comment