Sunday, June 23, 2013


KRAFT PAPER MINI- ALBUM

     The challenge at simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com is to use Kraft Paper or Kraft items in any shape or form and since I love the look of Kraft Paper, I decided to make a mini-album for some photos that I had tucked away in my computer for a long time.  First,  I printed the pictures of hand blown glass that had been displayed at a local botanical center and cut them down to the size that I wanted.   Next,  I cut several pieces of 4" x 4" Kraft Fun Day paper by My Mind's Eye and ran it through my Xyron and adhered it to some 4" x 4" chipboard pieces, covering both sides.  I then rounded corners with my Zutter corner rounder and inked the edges of each piece with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  After laying out the pictures, I decided what I wanted to use for embellishments and die cut  flowers and butterflys with the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Dies from a variety of Kraft-Core Cardstock which I had first embossed with a Swiss Dot embossing folder.  I then heat embossed them before placing them on the cover and pages of the album.  Sayings and images were a combination of Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi rubber stamps which I inked with Memento black ink.  Finally, I bound the album with my Zutter Binder using a 3/4" wire.  
     Below are pictures of the album cover and 2 of the pages.  I really enjoyed making this mini-album and I hope you enjoy it too.  Thanks for stopping by!













No comments:

Post a Comment