Sunday, June 2, 2013


"INTO THE WOODS"

     I decided, at the last minute, to make this tag and enter it into the current Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, which has the theme "Into the Wood".  I already had the tag embossed and colored, so I just needed to come up with an idea as to how to complete it.  Since I didn't have a lot of time, I decided to limit myself to using embossing folders, dies, and of course, ink.  All of the supplies were Tim Holtz products, including the wood grain embossing folder and the Mover and Shapers dies and the On The Edge tree die.  The Distress Inks included Vintage Photo, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Pine Needles, and Fired Brick.  It was a really fun tag to make and I hope you enjoy it.  (I know everything is not quite in proportion, especially the cardinal, but I liked the touch of red. 

4 comments:

  1. Phyllis...now THIS is a great entry for our into the woods theme! Love the Tim Holtz woodgrain embossed background of your tag. The trees on the edge die cut is so beautifully colored and blended. The spots of tall trees that are embossed are also very clever and nicely colored. I also like the deer and the little cardinal! A feast for the eyes of Tim Holtz stuff! Love it! Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely tag indeed. The embossed background is just perfect and very effective. Love the the dotty texture on your trees too. Glad you decided to join in. Great fun! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag!!! Gorgeous woodsy scene! I love the cardinal in there so much!!! Just beautiful! Thank you for taking a walk with us through the woods here at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

    ReplyDelete